Mikkas

• Back in 1998 when Kasper Smed Nielsen started producing music, he was
    only 12 years old. The softwares he used was very simple and didn’t leave much
    for his imagination. But a few years after, he was then introduced to
    Propellerheads Reason by his cousin, and that was a big step for the young
    producer. Kasper and his friend Mikkel Havmand began producing music and was
    quickly discovered by the underground trance scene because of their unique
    style, Mikkel and Kasper began calling themselves Mikkas.

Today Kasper is the only person in Mikkas, but that didn’t matter for the
    production quality at all. He has managed to remix and work for a lot of
    talented producers around the world such as Megara vs. Dj Lee, Sebastian
    Brandt, Bobina and Pulsedriver to name a few.

In 2006 Kasper decided to team up with his friend Nicholas Soebye. This was the
    beginning of Backslash vs Mikkas. It was an opportunity for Kasper to start
    making a more commercial type of music. Backslash vs. Mikkas grewto become a
    very big name on the commercial dance scene and got a lot of attention. This
    collaboration ended i the beginning of 2010.

Today, 25 year old Kasper Smed Nielsen is going back to his roots with the
    music that made him stand out in the first place. With remixes for trance
    giants as Bobinaand Sebastian Brandt, Mikkas has only showed you the tip of the
    iceberg of what’s in store.

Stay
    tuned!

Wers so drauf hat, braucht nen Thread ;)

Ist ja auch hier im Forum angemeldet, wobei er jetzt wohl langsam zu bekannt wird, um hier bei uns rumzuhängen.

• Ich finde man sollte erwähnen, dass seine ersten Produktions-Versuche dem Commercial Trance Bereich zugeschrieben werden können. War damals alles ziemlich innovativ und kreativ, aber für einen richtigen Erfolg hat's damals nie gereicht. Vorallem die Kooperationen mit DJ Lee vor 3 Jahren waren richtig stark und sollte man auch mal gehört haben, wenn man jetzt zum Mikkas-Fan wird.

und noch der beste Mikkas Remix aller Zeiten meiner Meinung nach:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rava ()

• Backslash vs. Mikkas Remixe hatten mächtig Power!

Trance-Charts April 2024

01. Hemstock & Mercurial Virus - Cherubim

02. Talla 2XLC & Clara Yates - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

03. JamX & D.mand - Unique
    04. Armin van Buuren & Gryffin - What Took You So Long

05. Solar Vision - The Sound Of Missing You

06. BiXX & Dreamy - No Surrender

07. Ronski Speed, Stargazers & Katty Heath - Follow My Heart

08. Pinkque & Roxanne Emery - Better Than This

09. JAN DE VICE & Josie Sandfeld - Losing Track Of Time (Tycoos Remix)

:tranceup:

• Hab die alten Sachen mal außen vor gelassen, weil es für das "Backslash vs. Mikkas"-Projekt im Dance-Bereich eh ein Thema gibt ;)

In der Biografie hab ich den Abschnitt drin gelassen, aber sonst gehts hier halt um den Solo-Mikkas, der diesen Electro-Trance-Sound fährt.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MikkasMusic

Auf seinem YT-Channel gibt es aber auch ein paar sehr alte Sachen von ihm, die auch in die Trance-Richtung gingen.

• Zitat

Yesterday I sat down with label legend @strictlyrhythm and had a chat about my music and more - check it out here: http://bit.ly/UeXTX0 :)

Interview:

• Tomorrowland Mix by Mikkas

1.Shapov & Axwell - Belong (Original Mix)
    2.DJ M.E.G. & N.E.R.A.K - I can see you baby
    3.Bynon - Moonlight Party
    4.Joris Voorn - I Ran The Zoo (Digital Version)
    5.CYA - Mistakes (Original Mix)
    6.Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman - Shine (Original Mix)
    7.Mark Knight, Green Velvet Rene Amesz - Live Stream (Original Mix)
    8.Jenia X Styles - Stories (Original Mix)
    9.NEW_ID & Years feat. Moses York - Fly Forever (Original Mix)
    10.Shapov vs. Beverly Pills –Some People (Original Mix)

• Hört (vorerst) auf mit der Musik:

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Dear friends,[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]there comes a day when oneself must look at his life and ask himself if the path he is following is still the right path for him. For many years I have identified myself as being the dance music producer Mikkas – not only because it was someone I absolutely loved being, but also because he was a symbol of the one thing I was truly good at; producing music. Unfortunately, talent isn’t enough if you feel creatively exhausted. I can’t keep lying to myself anymore. Music has been my life for a very long time but the time has come where I no longer feel the passion and excitement of producing dance music – it is therefore time to take a long break.[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am truly grateful for everything that I have experienced as Mikkas – getting to meet and work with talented people, people that I would now call my friends, getting to travel the world and meet fans up close was also an extraordinary experience and I will never forget it. I am leaving with a big smile on my face knowing that I’ve made something I can be truly proud of. One day I might be back with a new and invigorated passion for music, but until then, thanks for listening.
    This is Mikkas, signing off.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Quelle: [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Mikkas[/font]